But, when she was bad, she was HORRID!
What to do with a little girl who:
1. Always wants mommy, but mommy doesn’t always want her.
2. Doesn’t go to sleep at night until AFTER everyone else is asleep, and she’s turned EVERY light on.
3. Uses language she’s not supposed to like “I hate you. You dumb. You stupid. Stop it! Be quiet!You're so mean. Butt…”
4. Wastes cold cereal nearly every day because she pours too much when I’m not looking.
5. Loves to tease at the worst times, like when I’m on the computer or when I’m totally exhausted and trying to put her to bed.
6. Throws a huge tantrum whenever she doesn’t get her way.
7. Laughs when I take extreme measures like spanking or yelling.
8. Is unrelenting and insistent that I read “another one” when story time is over.
9. Won’t stay in her room during bedtime or quiet time and kicks the heck out of the door if I lock it.
10. Screams at her brothers if they look at her without permission.
11. Tells her brothers they stink.
12. Goes outside and wanders over to the neighbors by herself without us knowing.
13. Screams for ice cream, candy, or any other junk she thinks might be lurking about.
14. Doesn’t eat the food I prepare.
15. Repeats herself over and over so many times, it makes my head spin.
16. Refuses to sit on the toilet, no matter what the reward.
Naughty or not, I’m so glad she’s ours. Life wouldn’t be complete without little Lu!
5 comments:
I've got a little girl just like that. In fact, Sara is more work than baby Erica. I don't have a clue what to do - we can't figure her out. What works one day, doesn't the next. I do look forward to Kindergarten this Fall.
After how much work Andrew has been, I've been holding out hopes that having a girl will be easier. I guess it's not supposed to be easy!
Good luck with that! Kids can really test you. I had a lot of those problems with Taylor. I had to limit her books to 3 and really try to stick with a strict schedule at bed time. After a while of being consistent ( I wasn't consistent at first) it really paid off. Now, she is pretty easy at bed time...so there is hope! Good luck!
Hey Ann Marie and Brad! This is Amber (Ballstaedt) Eggett, Brad's cousin. I was so glad to find your blog. It is so funny! I haven't seen you guys in a couple years, and your kids are getting so big and darling! If you email me then I will have blogger send you an invite to our blog (since it is private).
love, Amber
amberdonn@gmail.com
eggettbabies.blogspot.com
I don't know the situation, but a book that has come to my attention lately has helped some of my friends with children that are a "handful"... it's called "Raising Your Spirited Child"... Maybe that would help? Good luck!
Post a Comment