Friday night I did something I've never done before- stayed up the entire night! A friend and I volunteered to do night duty at Youth Conference. Our shift was from 10pm (I'm usually in bed by then)- 7 am. The kids were staying in the dorms at the local university and so we were in charge of guarding the stairwells and elevator through the night. Melanie and I actually had a great time talking and crocheting the edges of flannel baby blankets. I've been wanting to learn how to do it for years and thought this the perfect opportunity. It was. We were going strong until 5:00am, when I made the mistake of lying down to stretch. Then my eyes were like lead balls, but we endured. Driving home though, I felt like it must feel to be on drugs or drunk- seeing double, moving slowly, very slow reaction time, etc. I crawled in bed just after 7 a.m. Lucy wandered in around 8 a.m. informing me it was time to get up. But I was dead tired and ended up sleeping til noon.
Saturday, Brad got the house all cleaned up, mopped the floor, went grocery shopping, and then made a delicious dinner. What a guy! I'm so grateful for his helpfulness. He's the best.
June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're brave. Speaking of all nighters, I've registered a team for the Ragnar Relay for June 2009, do you want to join me in doing this? Come on, it'll be fun, I promise.
Post a Comment