May 24, 2009

Lucy's 4th birthday

Lucy had a wonderful birthday week, opening one present each day out of the "birthday bag." On Sunday, we celebrated with one of her favorite desserts- dirt cake. It's was extra special because her cousins Jaron and Russell were in town to enjoy it with her.

Four things I love about Lucy are:

  1. Her beautiful smile. Ever since she was a little baby, she's greeted me each morning with this radiant smile. I love it.

  2. Her independence. She is really good at getting herself dressed, cleaning her room, brushing her teeth, etc. when she wants too. I'm glad she's learning to be self sufficient at such a young age.

  3. Her sweet prayers. Lucy has really grasped the concept of praying to Heavenly Father. Many nights if she's scared or had a bad dream, she'll offer a prayer and ask him to help her not be afraid. I'm grateful she knows she has a Father in Heaven who she can always rely on to watch over and protect her. There isn't anything as sweet as hearing a child pray.

  4. Her enthusiasm. I love expression and Lucy is full of it. Often, when I come home, she'll run to the door with outstretched arms and say, "Hi Mom" or "Mom, I'm so glad your home" as she gives me a great big hug.

    I love watching her light up when she's performing. She had her first little dance recital this year and just beamed as she came on stage.

    On Father's Day, she just glowed as she stood on the stand to sing to her daddy. It didn't matter at all that she didn't know the words to the song, her expression said it all.

    Lucy, I'm so grateful you are mine. The day you were born was one of the happiest days of my life.

No comments: