April 8, 2010

What's been keeping me busy?

In February, we started a major home remodel. I thought I had a pretty good idea of what we were in for - but I really didn't.

There was much more mess, dozens of decisions, and lots more waiting than I thought I'd bargained for.

We basically gutted the partially finished basement and started over.

Breaking up the concrete to put in the bathroom plumbing.


Mudroom in the garage.


Garage storage addition.

I had machinery pull up to my house that I've never seen before.

The 2 biggest frustrations for me have been:

1) the constant mess and dust

2) waiting for people to show up and get their part done. We'd get one thing finished and then wait a week or two for the next step.

Making decisions on carpet and paint took a lot of deliberating as well.

I wanted to prevent seeing the final results and saying, "Ooooh, I don't like it. Why didn't I think this through better?"

So, I hummed and hawed over it until I was sure.



I designed the space and had an architect draw the plans. Let's just say this tape measure and I have spent way too much time together.


Aside from the house stuff, I managed to get to some of this.

Little miss Lucy needed all of her summer dresses, shorts, and swimming suits taken in and scout shirts needed updating.

No comments: