The past few times I've driven by this place, all I could think about was how I needed to get Ruby over there and take her picture in her cute black dress, surrounded by all the tulips. So, I carved out time to really do it.
We actually went three times because I never felt like I got the perfect picture. The two major obstacles being:
1) We were by a busy street and she was so mesmerized by the cars, she'd never look at me.
2) We had a limited window of time to shoot before she wore out and started to cry. All three days ended in tears. But, I know we'll both look back someday and say "I'm so glad we did that."
This whole experience has made me realize my new Mother's Day wish.
This year, when the kids ask what I want, I'm going to be ready. They're not going to get the usual, "I just want everyone to get a long and not have any contention today..."
Nope. I've got a new one. I want each of the kids to give me a "whine free" photo shoot each Spring.
There are so many gorgeous places to take pictures this time of year. I want to start a tradition of taking them one at a time and just have fun capturing them at that age.
The girls may go for it, but I can already hear the boys litany of reasons why that's just "way too hard!"
But, that's ALL I want. Just give me yourself for two hours and pictures that will help me remember.
Oh yeah, and the one thing I want from Brad is a new camera...
























1 comment:
Beautiful pics! I love all the tulips. We need to go camera shopping!
Post a Comment