

Spencer, Sawyer, and I went to the dentist over Christmas break. Each of us needed some work done.
Spencer needed a baby tooth pulled to allow the permanent one to grow in straight.
The dentist gave us some reading material explaining all the possible risks of having this done as well as post-operative care. The instructions said to use gauze packs for bleeding and to change them every few hours.
I noticed that Spencer was reading the instructions very carefully and taking it all in. A minute later, he asked the nurse, “Do you have any gauze I can take home. I’ll probably need a few stacks.”
She gave him what he wanted.
Remember, this was a “little baby tooth.” The ones you tie a string around and tie to a doorknob to pull out. It’s not like the thing was impacted or anything. He probably could have pulled it out on his own.
There was minimal blood involved.
But, he’d never had a tooth pulled before and didn’t know what to expect. And, according to what he had read, he might be bleeding for days.
By the time we got home, I think he forgot all about the fact that his tooth had been pulled.
But, when I saw these packets of gauze on the counter, it cracked me up and I needed a picture.
2 comments:
lol! That's great AM. This story reminds me of the time I woke up with a pair of pliers in my mouth...my tooth on one end of them and you on the other. :) As I recall...you didn't stop pulling when I woke up! lol! :D
So funny AM. I love the glasses too!
Post a Comment