March 16, 2010

Frustrated and delighted

Ruby is experiencing two conflicting emotions these days. She’s the only of our children that’s really had a hard time figuring out the rolling over thing. She gets stuck on her stomach in bed, or while playing on the floor, and gets so frustrated about it. She knows how to roll over to her back, but for some reason doesn’t do it very often. She really, really wants to be moving, but her body isn't on the same page. She’s on the verge of crawling, but I'm not pushing it for a couple of reasons:

1. I don’t want her to grow up any faster.
2. I don’t want her to be more mobile before our remodeling is done.

Ruby is also delighted with her new eating arrangement. She finally has a highchair, thanks to Craigslist. It’s nothing fancy, but perfect for our needs. And, now, she's finally eating real food. ( I had a mental block about feeding her until she had a high chair to contain the mess).

It seems everything with Ruby has been on a slower time frame, mostly because of me. With my first baby, I did everything like clock work: : cereal at 4 months, juice at 6 months, bottle gone by one... But, not this time. We've been in slow motion on everything.

So, Ruby is officially 9 months, just started eating real food, and loving it.

She gobbles up pieces of whole wheat bread, pancakes, and baked sweet potatoes and squeals for more. I have high hopes of mixing up all sorts of healthy things in the Vita Mix and watching the vitamins just seep on into her chubby little body. At least I hope that's what happens. Lucy won't touch my smoothies, no matter how good they look and taste.

Ruby, I'm banking on you! You came through for me with the brown hair and eyes. . . now let's hear it for the veggies.


( Sawyer's Costa Rican glasses. The lenses lasted about 30 minutes.)



No comments: