Friday afternoon, I pulled Sawyer out of school a little early so we could head to the Kansas City Science Fair. He was the only person who entered from his school and we needed to go and pick up his project. I loved going with him and seeing what a great job he did on his display board. And, he was happy to see he’d gotten a silver ribbon.
There were hundreds of projects set up all over Union Station. We walked around for a few minutes and took pictures, but Sawyer said "Mom, I think these projects are kind of interesting, but not enough to walk around and read all about them."
Secretly, I agreed. My brain just really isn't wired that way. I can appreciate the effort gone into the whole affair, but don't want to spend a ton of time there. I have a hard time at museums of any sort. I really like the idea of preserving information, but sometimes get bored reading all about it.
Maybe it's that I really don't feel I can stand in one place and read stuff when I've got kids running to and fro. Or, maybe there is so much information that I get overstimulated and start feeling bugged out.
Whatever, Sawyer was anxious to leave and get a hamburger, so that’s what we did.
No comments:
Post a Comment