
You might ask, "Where are the cute pictures of the boys?" And my answer would be, "I didn't get any. They loathe having their picture taken. Plus, they don't get cute new Easter outfits anymore. I used to dress them really cute and coordinated when they were little, but now they only have one boring old Sunday outfit that they wear each week. And when they grow out of it, they hand it down to the next boy. So, basically, Charlie has worn the same looking Sunday outfit for three years in a row!"
Brad was in Utah for Easter and I broke all tradition. The neighbors invited the boys over for an Easter egg hunt earlier in the week, so I figured we'd count that rather than do our own. Saturday, we did do our annual Bunny Buggy project with Twinkies and candy, so I figured I didn't need to fill their baskets with more candy. In fact, I didn't even do baskets this year. The boys said they really wanted more Pokemon cards and so I told them we'd do that in lieu of candy. It wasn't a big deal until we were at the dermatologist's office getting the last of Charlie's plantars warts removed and the PA asked, "So, where did you find your Easter basket Charlie?" He just shrugged and said, "I can't remember..." I felt a split seconds worth of guilt.
And as far as egg decorating? We slipped that in on Sunday afternoon. But, the only ones really interested were Charlie and Lucy. In fact, Spencer and Sawyer used the boiled eggs to create mustard filled egg bombs instead- hoping to throw them off the deck into the woods. Next year I want to actually paint the eggs and let their creativity flow, rather than just dye them. (My sister Emily has inspired me. She and Sean make some pretty impressive painted eggs).
1 comment:
I didn't decorate eggs this year and no new outfits for the kids either. But, we did do a "hunt" - and all the candy is in a large ziploc bag - untouched. I'm not sure why.
Post a Comment