Few things exhilarate me more than getting organized.
I love to have a place for my stuff.
On the flip side, few things make me feel as frustrated as being unorganized. And that's exactly how I've felt since moving here two years ago.
For a year and a half, we were renting, so I kept pushing the anxiety aside, realizing I couldn't really do a long term fix until we had a permanent residence.
That decision was made in February, and since then, I've been chomping at the bit to get things in order. My friend calls it "the order disorder." I have it bad.
After three months of remodeling, things are starting to shape up.
Here are some of my favorites:
I love tools.
And, I don't mind doing a lot of the handyman work around here.
But, I can't tell you how frustrating it is to do a project when our tools are strewn all over the house and it takes more time to find and gather them than do the project itself.
So, today I decided to change that. And here we have our new and improved tool bag. I don't know who's more excited about it- me or Brad?
Yesterday, Sawyer and Charlie were gone to Cub Scout Day Camp. While Ruby was napping, Spencer helped me put together these ball holders.
I’ve spent many hours out in the garage at night thinking about how to organize it.
So, to finally get these babies up was a huge thrill.
The thing I like about them is that you don’t have to take all the balls out to get the one you want. They can be taken out in any order.
I keep the kids’ sport shoes below it and have hooks for their sport bags.
So, to finally get these babies up was a huge thrill.
The thing I like about them is that you don’t have to take all the balls out to get the one you want. They can be taken out in any order.
I keep the kids’ sport shoes below it and have hooks for their sport bags.
Then he put the coat hooks up, which eliminates a huge part of the mess around here. I think we'd both agree that the mudroom is key to helping things flow around here.
And he didn't stop there. We now have hooks in the garage as well for all the swim stuff in the summer and snow stuff in winter.
Every time I walk past these hooks, I smile.
This is what exhilarates Lucy.
And, I'm pretty sure the highlight of scout camp for Charlie (and all the other boys) was catching tadpoles.








4 comments:
I love, love, love your basketball holders. Where did you find them?
I purchased the ball holders at Home Depot. They are part of the Rubbermaid "Fast Track" series.
Anne-Marie, I just saw your blog from Shawni's - this is Leslie (Thompson) Wagner from Israel. Long time, eh? Your family is just beautiful and was so excited to see what you have been up to. I absolutely LOVE your organization style - I suffer from the same "disorder" ! Hope all is well with you. I'd love to hear from you!
Post a Comment