January 24, 2009

This morning has been filled with good news. First, Spencer won the school spelling bee, and second, I had another ultrasound this morning, which confirmed we’re having a GIRL. I couldn’t be happier. I don’t think I ever have been happier. (Probably as happy as, but not happier than I am right now.)

Because of my appointment with the perinatologist, I had to leave Spencer’s spelling bee right before he won. It was down to him and another girl and they asked them to write their words. Spencer missed a word, and so Anastasia had the opportunity to spell a word correctly and win the whole thing. She missed, so Spencer was back in. He ended up winning with the word sapphire.

I hated walking out right at the climax. Spencer called me five minutes later and said, “Mom, I won the spelling bee.” I was so happy for him and proud of him. I wanted so badly to be there right then to give him a huge hug and take a million pictures and smile from ear to ear so he could feel my support. He now goes on to compete in the Johnson County spelling bee.

Before he went to school, I trimmed his bangs so he’d look spiffy. I thought he had a pretty good chance of winning and wanted him to look good for pictures(which I missed). As always, he was wearing his navy blue zip up sweatshirt. He wears it everyday. It’s just part of him.

Way to go Spencer!

As a gift for winning, the school gave Spencer this Apples to Apples game. He couldn't wait to come home and have the whole family play with him. Below is a picture of the boys playing the next morning.

1 comment:

Shawni said...

Oh I'm so glad you are getting another GIRL!!! That is such great news. And wow on the spelling bee. That is so awesome> Heck, I don't know how to spell sapphire except after I saw you spell it!

I'm glad to see you guys look like you're doing great!