Well, we're finally here and settling in. The past several weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. I'm exhausted, but happy. I'd sum up our experience in Kansas so far as very positive. People are super friendly. We've met lots of neighbors and church members, been to dinner/dessert invitations, and a fun block party. So, we've felt very welcomed. The kids started school last week and are doing well. They all have wonderful, warm teachers. So, it looks like it's going to be a great year.
The kids on the first day of school. Lucy starts preschool next week. She/I can't wait.


Some neighbors brought these flowers over to welcome us- these Gerbera Daisies happen to be one of my favorite flowers and favorite color.


We've taken the kids swimming nearly every evening after school to burn some energy and cool off. Having the neighborhood pool so close is great.
3 comments:
I'm so glad things are going well AM! What a job you had getting moved! Isn't it nice to have it over with and be able to settle in?
I wish we had a neighborhood pool nearby. I was checking daily for an update on your move. Glad to see you've survived the moving process. Plus, so glad to have 9 months to get organized again. Each night my to-do list gets updated.
I totally stumbled across your blog and hit a gold mine of Israelsen girls! So fun to see what you are up to! Your kids are darling! Which part of Kansas are you living in? My husband's sister just moved to Overland Park and is getting adjusted.
I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog. I left a comment on Shelly's blog way back in July and haven't heard from her. Apparently she doesn't check her blog very often. How is your mom doing?
It is so great to catch up.
Lisa Cannon (Howcroft)
marklisacannon.blogspot.com
Post a Comment