May 11, 2008

Mothers Day

Today has been a nice Mother’s Day. I’m so grateful for my own wonderful mom. She has been such a great example and strength to me throughout my life. She’s always put motherhood first and instilled in me a desire to do the same. I’m so grateful for the time we get to spend together and the ability to be able to pick up the phone and call her. Heavenly Father blessed me with an amazing mom.

Brad has also made today really nice for me. After church, I came home and took a nap while he made a delicious dinner of grilled chicken and oven roasted potatoes. For dessert, he made an impressive chocolate, peanut butter filled cake, with a ganache frosting. Very rich and yummy! Apparently, he clipped it out of the newspaper during his hospital stay last week (due to a blood clot in his leg). I mean, what else was he going to do all day, than think of all the nice things he wanted to do for Mothers Day- right? :)

After dinner, Brad had us gather in the family room. He and the kids all said one thing they appreciated about me and gave me a homemade gift. Brad surprised me with an MP3 player (which he bought on the way home from the hospital). I’m going to download a bunch of Spanish stuff, General Conference talks, etc to listen to while I'm exercising or working around the house.


It was rainy and cold yesterday, but we needed the rain. Our backyard is in full bloom. I've always loved being able to look out the kitchen windows and just see trees. It's so peaceful and beautiful.


4 comments:

Shawni said...

That sounds like quite a mother's day! Just that view from your kitchen of your back yard would be present enough, and then everything else on top of it. It looks so beautiful!

Happy Mother's Day...glad you got pampered.

abm said...

You have a very thoughtful husband. BTW, I hope he is okay, seriously, blood clots aren't good.

You look great and the Cake, well, lets just say Chocolate and I get along famously, please send me the recipe. :)

Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!

Kerry said...

What's up with the blood clot? We had a good scare with a blood clot behind Aaron's knee (after ACL surgery) that landed him in intensive care for 8 days (the clot caused a multitude of clots to form in his lungs).

Abi said...

How nice! I am dying over the pics of your back yard! So So beautiful! Take care!