July 17, 2007

Spencer passing off articles of faith

Spencer hit a milestone this week- He passed off all thirteen Articles of Faith. His den leader said she'd give a mini candy bar to the boys for every article of faith they passed off. So, Spencer decided to surprise her and pass off all thirteen.

In our Illinois ward, the Primary president offered a plate of chocolate chip cookies to everyone who passed off all thirteen articles of faith. Although Spencer was only four and a half when Sister Workman made the offer, he's always remembered it. So, for additional motivation (not that he needed any), I told him I'd make the same offer. He passed them off immediately and the next day, I made the cookies. I'm really proud of him. Here's a video of him reciting his most difficult and favorite articles of faith.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


You have to watch the second part of this to fully appreciate it.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

2 comments:

jennyandbrett said...

Anne Marie,
That is so hilarious. How did you get video on it? Tell Spencer I am impressed that he learned them all, maybe he could inspire our scouts to do the same. Have a great day.

Love, Jenny

Andrea Fowles said...

WOW!! Thanks for the good chuckle. He is quite the little performer!! I am impressed that he did that he learned them all. He is a very smart kid! Thanks for sharing!

--Andrea Fowles